Built around the world's most beautiful harbor, with towering skyscrapers, iconic buildings and monuments, Sydney offers views to die for. A year round climate of blue skies and sunshine make Sydney an ideal location for an open top double-decker bus ride. All the main attractions of Sydney are covered by the route.
Your ticket is valid for either 24 or 48 hours, during which time you can hop-on, and off as often as you wish. With frequent departures every 15-20 minutes you can rest assured that your valuable Sydney sightseeing time is not wasted waiting for the next bus.
The ticket is valid for 24 hours or 48 hours after first use.Start time
Sydney Route: Tour starts at 8:30am. Last tour is 7:30pm. (buses depart every 15-20 minutes).
Bondi Beach Route:Tour starts at 9:30am. Last tour is 7:30pm. (buses depart every 30-45 minutes).
Sydney Explorer departs from Stop 1, Alfred Street near the corner of Pitt Street, Circular Quay.
Bondi Explorer departs from Stop A, Eddy Avenue, Central Railway Station.
You may join the tour at Sydney & Bondi Explorer stops along the route and interchange between the tours at various stops.
Sightseeing Tickets are valid for 24 or 48 hours from the time they are first presented to the driver. The driver exchanges pre-paid tickets for printed tickets showing the date and time when the passengers initially board the bus.
You may end the tour at any of the stops
On this Hop-On Hop-Off tour, you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. Your ticket allows you unlimited use, meaning you can hop-on and hop-off as many times as you like at any of the designated stops listed below.
The major highlights that fall under the Sydney Route are as follows:
• William Street: See the internationally recognized Hard Rock Cafe, offering unique dining and entertainment experience.
• Darlinghurst Road: The road is home to the Kings Cross, recognized as Sydney’s naughtiest district with the greatest concentration of adult shows, hostels and night entertainment clubs.
• Macleay Street: The beautiful EL Alamein Fountain is a favourite meeting place for many people.
• Prince Albert Road: You can stroll through the Hyde Park, the city's central open green space and it named after the Hyde Park in London.
• Harris Street: The main attraction here is the Power House Museum, the largest museum in Australia. It displays everything from science and technology to decorative arts and Australia's history.
• Pirrama Road: You can visit the Star city casino, Sydney’s premier 24 hour entertainment facility located on the shores of Sydney Harbour.
• Murray Street: The main attraction here is the Australian National Maritime Museum, which thousands of exhibits depicting Australia's history - from ancient times when Aboriginal people trapped fish and traded with Asian neighbours, right up to the present.
• Wheat Road: You can stroll through the picture perfect Chinese Gardens and visit the Sydney aquarium which is home to the world’s first known natural Seal Sanctuary.
• Erskine Street: Stroll through the King Street Wharf promenade and enjoy some of the best food and wine that the City of Sydney has to offer.
• Hickson Road: Enjoy fantastic views of the Sydney Opera House from Campbell’s cove.
• Cnr George Street and Alfred Street: See the Circular Quay, the hub of Sydney Harbour, situated at a small inlet called Sydney Cove.
The Bondi Route attractions include:
• Eddy Avenue: The avenue is home to the central station, the largest railway station in Sydney.
• Oxford Street: You can see the Paddington Town Hall.
• Campbell Parade: You can stroll through the Bondi Esplanade, the paved esplanade around the beach with several restaurants and cafes.
• Brighton Boulevard: You can see the North Bondi, a coastal, eastern suburb of Sydney.
• New South Head Road: The main attraction is the Rose Bay, a sophisticated beach suburb located right on the waterfront of Sydney Harbour.
You may choose to conclude this tour at any of the stops.
Your booking voucher can be exchanged for your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket at any one of the stops. Simply choose the stop which you wish to start from and present your voucher to the driver who will exchange it for a ticket that will be valid for 24 or 48 hours from that time.
The route of the hop-on, hop-off tour is subject to change. Frequency and finishing times vary according to season.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given for customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
Your voucher will be valid for 3 months from the date chosen at the time of booking.
No wheelchair access available but staff can help people get on and off the bus.
The 48-hour pass enabled me to have a really good overview of the city, and stop off at places which I found particularly interesting, The service was regular so I never had to...Elizabeth Schaaf, United Kingdom, 19/Mar/2017
Perfect way to see Sydney, we took the bus completely aroud the loop and then decided where we wanted to get off. Got a 2 day pass which worked out perfect!!...Greg Wheeler, United States, 26/Feb/2017