One unique ticket is all you need to get the most out of your visit to Edinburgh by exploring the splendors of Scotland's capital city and experiencing its magnificent royal attractions.
The Royal Edinburgh Ticket is the only ticket which includes admission to Edinburgh Castle, The Palace of Holyroodhouse, The Royal Yacht Britannia and 48 hours unlimited travel on all of the following tour buses: The Edinburgh Tour, The Majestic Tour and City Sightseeing Tour.
A fantastic all inclusive ticket with entry to Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the Royal Yacht Britannia as well as 48 hours on all three city tours.
All the bus tours depart from Waverley Bridge. They are all hop-on hop-off tours so you can jump on and off as you like. Several of the routes are interchangeable, offering even more possibilities for a personal customized itinerary. All tours include an entertaining and informative commentary, either through headphones or from a live guide.
With The Royal Edinburgh Ticket it’s easy and fun to explore Edinburgh´s royal heritage, stunning scenery and magnificent architecture.
Daily but check for seasonal opening times of attractions
Ticket is valid 48 hoursStart time
Majestic Tour (Every 20-30 minutes): From 9:00am to 5:00pm
Edinburgh Tour (Every 20-30 minutes): From 9:25am to 4:00pm
City Sightseeing Tour (Every 20-30 minutes): From 9:15am to 4:15pm
Full tour duration:
Majestic Tour: 1 hour
Edinburgh Tour: 1 hour
City Sightseeing Tour: 1 hour
Timings are subject to change.Meeting Point
All tours depart from Waverley Bridge. Your Royal Edinburgh Ticket can be collected from the Edinburgh Bus Tours Ticket Office on Waverley Bridge upon presentation of your booking voucher.
Time tables of the different Edinburgh Grand City Tours are available at the departure points
You may end the bus tour at any of the designated stops.
Make the most of your visit to Edinburgh with super-value Royal Edinburgh Ticket. An adult Royal Edinburgh Ticket is 20% less than the total cost of tickets for Edinburgh Bus Tours, Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia and Palace of Holyroodhouse when bought separately.
This unique ticket gives you:
• Unlimited travel on the following three bus tours: City Sightseeing Edinburgh, Edinburgh Tour and Majestic Tour buses for 2 consecutive days
• Fast-track Admission to Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia and Palace of Holyroodhouse
Your Royal Edinburgh Ticket can be collected from the Edinburgh Bus Tours Ticket office on Waverley Bridge upon presentation of your booking voucher.
Here is some more about what your Royal Edinburgh Ticket offers:
All the bus tours depart from Waverley Bridge. They are all hop-on hop-off tours so you can get off to go shopping or exploring and jump back on when you are ready. Several of the routes are interchangeable, giving you even more flexibility. All tours include a commentary, either through headphones or from a live guide. The three tours included in your Royal Edinburgh Ticket are described below:
The Majestic Tour:
Leave the city center behind and head north, through the Georgian New Town, out to the coast at Newhaven and Leith, then back via Edinburgh’s Old Town. An informative multi-language commentary will guide you through the history of the places, people and sights along the route. An informative multi-language recorded commentary guides you through the history of the places, people and sights along the route. Simply plug in the headphones and listen to your chosen language.
Download the tour route map<
The Edinburgh Tour
Key sights include Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Dynamic Earth, the Royal Mile and the Scottish Parliament. Your live, on-board guide gives their own personal touch to the informative English commentary. Hear all about the people who shaped Scotland’s capital city.
Download the tour route map
City Sightseeing Tour:
A multi-language tour of all the main city sights – the perfect introduction to Scotland’s capital. For this tour you travel in an open-top bus with an audio commentary (in a choice of nine languages) delivered through headphones. There is also a TV screen downstairs with a subtitled version of the tour for the hearing impaired.
Download the tour route map
Fast-track admission to:
• Edinburgh Castle: This majestic landmark dominates Edinburgh's skyline, perched on an extinct volcano. A rich mix of architectural styles reflects the castle's complex history and role as both stronghold and seat of kings. View the Scottish Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny in the Castle's Royal Apartments. Look for the tiny St Margaret's chapel, Edinburgh's oldest building which dates from the 12th century.
• The Palace Of Holyroodhouse: The Queen's official residence in Scotland. The Palace of Holyroodhouse is closely associated with Scotland's turbulent past, including the tragic story of Mary, Queen of Scots. Today, the Palace is the setting for State ceremonies and official entertaining so opening arrangements may change at short notice.
• The Royal Yacht Britannia: See what life was like for the Royal Family on board the wonderful Royal Yacht, with an informative self-guided audio commentary. Highlights include the State Dining Room, the Sun Lounge and the Officers' Wardroom.
Your Royal Edinburgh Ticket can be collected from Edinburgh Bus Tours Ticket Sellers on Waverley Bridge upon presentation of your booking voucher.
If any problems arise clients may call the following emergency number: +44 (0) 1315562244
Some attractions have seasonal opening hours. Please check each individual attraction directly for details.
On Edinburgh Tour, Majestic Tour and City Sightseeing routes, there are wheelchair ramps and two wheelchair spaces, together with display screens showing live footage from the front of the bus and subtitled commentary. Class two mobility scooters are welcome on board. Guide dogs are also welcome on board all our buses.
25th December: Edinburgh Castle, The Palace of Holyroodhouse and Royal Yacht Britannia are closed.
26th December: Edinburgh Castle and The Palace of Holyroodhouse are closed.